Date: August 2, 2020
Bible Text: John 13:1-15 | Jason Smith
Series: Pray Like This
Growth Group Discussion Questions
- In Jesus' time, feet washing was something only servants did. Why did Jesus wash his disciples' feet?
- The disciples were shocked by what Jesus did! What do you think they learned from Jesus that night?
- By washing His disciples' feet, Jesus was serving them and showing them love. How can you serve someone this week?
- Pastor Jason says that Christ didn't exchange the form of God while washing the disciple's feet, instead He exemplified God's Love. In light of that, how is our perspective on suffering changed?
- Then Pastor Jason points out that Jesus, knowing full well the coming betrayal, still washed Judas' feet. Sometimes we treat people harshly solely on the basis of a difference of opinion, how does this change our perspective on how we should act towards our enemies or those we don't agree with?
- What stood out to you from the sermon?
- What attributes of Jesus do we see in today’s passage?
- Read Matthew 5:43-48. What does it look like for us to love our enemies in our lives today?
- How can we better emulate Jesus’ humility?
- Read Romans 3:10-12 and Romans 6:23.
- Do we as believers ever compare ourselves to others to define God’s standard of holiness for ourselves? What is the problem with that
- What steps can we take to wholly focus on God’s Word as our standard?
- Judas saw Jesus’ ministry first-hand, but Judas never knew Jesus. Read Matthew 7:21-23. In what ways do we see this in our culture today?