Date: January 26, 2020
Bible Text: 1 Thessalonians | Jason Smith
Series: Giving The Gospel
Growth Group Discussion Questions
Read Acts 16:16 - 17:15. Or have someone give a brief overview of the account of Paul in Philippi, Thessalonica & Berea. *(It would be good to have someone prepared for this ahead of time)
1. How would you have responded in this sort of situation?
2. How do you respond to hearing stories of others boldness?
3. Can anyone give an account of overcoming fear with boldness? Read 1 Kings 18:3-4,13. Basic facts: Obadiah was a high up manager of King Ahab’s (evil) household. When Jezebel began persecuting and killing God’s prophets, Obadiah hid 100 of them in caves, and was feeding them from the king’s resources. He did all of this secretive & undercover, while working for the king.
4. How does Obadiah’s account balance our idea of boldness?
5. What is the difference between boldness and “boldness in our God?”
6. How do we balance boldness and good social skills?
7. What is meant by “entrusted with the gospel?”