Date: September 20, 2020
Bible Text: Matthew 6:9-10 | Jason Smith
Series: Pray Like This
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. What are some daily struggles, sins we habitually do?
a. Do we have a hatred for all sin, or do we fall into the trap of complacency
for some sins?
b. Do you daily pray against the temptations you will be facing each day?
Why is this not a common practice for many of us?
3. Read Galatians 2:20 and Philippians 2:13. Do we view our battle with sin through
the lens of the gospel? What does it look like for us to have a gospel dependence
when we fight against sin?
4. Read 1 Corinthians 10:13, Romans 8:13, Colossians 3:5, and Ephesians 6:12-13.
Do we take a warrior’s mindset when dealing with temptation and sin? Asked
another way – do we play with the sin in our life like it is a domesticated house
cat, or do we treat it like a lion?
5. What are some practical ways we can continue to fight against temptation and
6. Do you have any final takeaways from the series on the Lord’s Prayer?