Date: November 1, 2020
Bible Text: 2 Peter 2:9-11 | Jason Smith
(1 Peter 2:9-11)
November 1, 2020
Growth Group Discussion Questions
- What stood out to you from the sermon?
- Reference today’s passage and read Philippians 3:20-21. How do Peter and Paul describe our relationship to this world? Where is our true home and citizenship?
- Read Psalm 145:13, Daniel 2:21, 4:3 and 7:13-14, and 1 Peter 1:24-25. What do these passages teach us about God’s Kingdom and Word?
- How does reflecting on God’s eternal Kingdom and our true citizenship affect our view of the upcoming election?
- Read Jeremiah 29:7 and Matthew 5:13-16. How are we to function as exiles in a foreign land?
- Does the church normally engage or become isolationists?
- How can we as the chuch do better at this?
- Read Matthew 5:9 and John 1:14. Our country is very polarized. What does it look like in today’s culture to be peacemakers, and also be full of grace and truth as Jesus was?
- How does living as a peacemaker help us share the gospel?
- Read 1 Timothy 2:1-4. Spend some time praying for the election and our leaders. Pray that God would help each of us make an impact while we are living as strangers and aliens in this world.
Download Files Notes