Date: April 26, 2020
Bible Text: 2 Timothy 1:7, Judges | Jason Smith
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. What does it mean to have self-discipline? Why is self-discipline something that is great to have? How old were you when you started practicing selfdiscipline?
2. Why was Gideon hiding? Who appeared to him while in hiding? What did Gideon learn during this time?
3. How do you think fear could turn into sin? Why should we trust God more than anything else? How can we show other people that we trust God’s plan?
1. What is the difference between fearing God and fearing man/circumstances?
2. When you don’t feel like God is with you, what is one thing you can point to in order to show yourself He is there?
3. Why did God call Gideon to face his fears?
4. Do you pray as boldly as George Mueller? If not, why not?
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. What do you fear, or what are you obsessing over? Are those fears or obsessions driving you to God or to any other substitute “gods”?
3. Contrast fear v. power, love, and self-discipline.
4. Read Isaiah 8:12-13. What are we to fear or not fear?
a. Read Proverbs 1:7; 8:13, and Ecclesiastes 12:13-14. What does it mean to fear God?
b. How does the fear of the Lord provide us confidence and peace?
c. How should we be living if we truly believe that God will reveal himself to us as we face our fears?
5. Spend some time discussing and praying how we can be radically generous and help those in need right now.
Download Files Notes