Date: February 23, 2020
Bible Text: 1 Thess. 2:10-12 | Jason Smith
Series: Giving The Gospel
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. Why does Paul switch from the metaphor of a nursing mother to an instructing father?
2. How are we doing culturally as Christians with discipling new believers once they get saved?
3. How are we doing as a church?
4. Paul’s first two terms describing a spiritual father who disciples his children are “exhorting and encouraging.” Keep in mind the term exhorting here carries the idea of correction…
a. Do you personally find it easier to be in the business of correcting or encouraging?
b. Why is it important we balance those two as we disciple new believers?
5. Read 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20 and have someone explain the imagery. (when we each stand before Jesus on the final day, and our good works are compared to the prize of a crown. In the first Olympic games the winners received a wreath/crown instead of a gold medal. Standing before Jesus, with our crowns, we will lay them at Jesus’ feet. Here Paul asks the question, who is our crown? And then he answers, it is the PEOPLE we have invested in.)
6. If your group has already been to Sunday service, discuss the Go 4·12 Challenge.