Date: February 9, 2020
Bible Text: 1 Thess. 2:7-8 | Jason Smith
Series: Giving The Gospel
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. What does Paul mean in vs 7 when he says he was “gentle” among them?
2. Why does he use the illustration of a nursing mother?
3. How do we balance the challenge of Boldness from 2:1-6, with here Paul’s claim to being gentle among them? (Answer: Boldness overcoming our fear and obstacles… gentle in dealing with people we are witnessing to.)
4. Do we really have to have “an affection for people” (vs 8) we are trying to witness to?
5. Read 1 Corinthians 13:1-7. How is love defined? How does that tie to what Paul says here about “giving our own souls?”
6. What does Paul mean in 1 Cor. 9:20 when he says, “to the Jew I become as a Jew…to the weak I become weak, that I might win the weak.”
7. Will a few people share stories of sacrifice and personal relationship (“giving our own soul”) in order to evangelize a lost person?