Date: October 11, 2020
Bible Text: Philippians 3 | Jason Smith
Growth Group Discussion Questions
- What stood out to you from the sermon?
- What are some good things in our lives that we sometimes let become god things in our hearts?
- What does it take to let go of those things – to not keep them as god things?
- Read Philippians 1:21. How does letting go of those things help you greater realize how Christ can fill you? How does it help you better worship Him?
- How does viewing worship as a personal relationship with Christ affect how you approach worship?
- Name some things that you know someone else in the group is passionate about. (For example, I know Bob is passionate about a sports team; I know Sue is passionate about travel, etc.)
- How do you know that those people are passionate about those things?
- Are we as passionate (or would others say we are as passionate) about Jesus as we are about the things we just mentioned? If not, what are some practical ways we can help move from passive to passionate worship?
- How would you answer the question if someone asked you what has Jesus done in your life?
- Read Matthew 13:44. How can we be more like the man who bought the field and the apostle Paul who, while sacrificing everything for Christ, did it with joy?
Download Files Notes