Date: May 10, 2020
Bible Text: 2 Timothy 1:7 | Will Crum
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. How has God provided for you in your life? Is it hard or easy for you to trust God?
2. How is Jesus Christ an example of sacrificial love?
3. What are some things your Mom or Dad do for you out of sacrificial love? How can you act lovingly to your family this week?
1. Repeat Pastor Will’s sermon in your own words.
2. Why do you think Abraham went from living in the spirit of power (trust) and fearing Pharaoh?
3. What causes you to live in fear (selfishness, hate, prejudice, pride) rather than sacrificial love?
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. What does fear cause us to do that is unloving, and how has God’s Spirit given us the power to overcome?
3. Read 1 John 4:7-21 and 1 Corinthians 13.
a. What is love? What is not love?
b. When love is our focus, what happens to selfishness and pride?
c. Who did Jesus love? How does God’s love for us guide our lives and transform the way we see other people?
4. Share a time where you have seen the love of God in your life.
5. What can our church, your group, and you personally do to show more of God’s love to others?
Download Files Notes