Date: August 9, 2020
Bible Text: Matthew 6:9 | Jason Smith
Series: Pray Like This
Growth Group Discussion Questions
- What stood out to you from the sermon?
- Pastor Jason gave an analogy of prayer and power tools. What are your thoughts on the analogy that prayer is plugging in the electricity to the power tools of the Christian life?
- When do we pray the most (time of day, life circumstances, etc.)? Least? Why?
- What are the two negative examples Jesus gives on praying in Matthew 6:5- 8? How can we avoid praying in that manner?
- Read Matthew 14:23, Mark 1:35, Luke 6:12, and Hebrews 5:7. Jesus, the eternal Son of God, all through his life, developed deep rooted patterns of prayer.
- What are some words you would use to describe Jesus’ prayer life?
- How can we better imitate Jesus’ pattern of prayer?
- Does our view on prayer change, when we stop to consider it is part of our relationship with God? How does addressing God as our Father fit into that?
- How does the world view God when they pray? How should we view God when we approach Him?