Date: February 16, 2020
Bible Text: 1 Thess. 2:9, 10 | Jason Smith
Series: Giving The Gospel
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. Why was it important for Paul to distance himself from the Rhetoric & Pomp of the traveling Philosopher of his day? (vs 10 – he says “devoutly, upright & blameless”)
2. Have you ever had someone claim they didn’t go to church because “the church is full of hypocrites?” Discuss a proper response.
3. Read Acts 18:1-5. What do we learn about Paul’s profession as he traveled preaching the gospel? a. Look at vs 5 specifically. How did Silas and Timothy help Paul as a missionary? (They took over the tent-making and let him preach full time.)
4. Is the Bible against minister’s being supported by the church? (No, read 1 Cor. 9:10-11.) Also read Phil. 4:15-16 about how the Philippians supported Paul while he was in Thessalonica.
5. Why was Paul so concerned about working hard as a tent-maker in Thessalonica? (Because he didn’t want to burden them, he wanted to offer the gospel free of charge.)
6. What are different resources available to you, that you can invest towards the kingdom?
7. Are you proud of the priority FBC Boerne places on giving to missions?