Date: July 26, 2020
Bible Text: Ruth 4 | Jason Smith
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. In the story of Ruth, Boaz got up early in the morning to have a meeting with
one of Ruth’s kinsman-redeemers. Why did Boaz want to talk to him?
2. Even though Ruth and Naomi suffered, God still took care of them. What are
some ways that God was kind to Ruth and Naomi?
3. God used Boaz to provide for Ruth and Naomi. How can you show kindness to
someone else this week?
1. Boaz chose to redeem Right even when it cost him greatly. When have you
chosen to do the right thing and help someone when it cost you greatly?
2. Describe a time when you felt far from God? Now that you have looked back at
that time describe how God has brought redemption in your life?
3. Why do you think God chooses to redeem those far from Him?
4. Why do Christians, especially those in high school and middle school, struggle
with accepting the redemption God has given us as believers?
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. Read Luke 7:36-49.
a. How do we see the kindness of Jesus portrayed in this story and in the
book of Ruth?
b. Can you think of other stories that highlight the kindness of Jesus?
c. How have you experienced the kindness of the Lord?
3. When others found the cost too high, Boaz followed God’s lead. How do we
respond to God’s lead? Do we first weigh the advantages to us; or do we
immediately, wholeheartedly trust Him?
a. How is God calling you to step out in faith?
4. As we wrap up our study of the book of Ruth, do you have any final takeaways?