Date: October 25, 2020
Bible Text: 2 Chronicles 20 | Jason Smith
Growth Group Discussion Questions
- What stood out to you from the sermon?
- We saw Jehoshaphat turn to God and pray during a critical moment. Can you think of other Biblical examples who turned to God in times of crisis?
- When life is at its crucial moments, do we truly turn to God, or do we tend to start by relying on our own stregth, wisdom, etc.?
- Read 2 Chronicles 20:12. What steps can we take to have a prayer life with the absolute humility portrayed by Jehoshaphat?
- Do you normally pray Scripture, pray the promises of God back to Him?
- How does praying the promises of God impact your prayer life?
- Pastor Jason gave the anology of coming to a football game prepared (noise makers, dressed up, etc.) as we believe the crowd affects the game. How can we come better prepared to worship like it matters?
- When we sing, how can we be more attuned to thinking about the promises of God that we are singing about?
- Spend a few minutes reading the following passages and praying the promises back to God. (Nehemiah 8:10, Matthew 6:33, 1 Corinthians 10:13, 2 Corinthians 4:8-9, Ephesians 6:11, Philippians 4:7, James 1:5, and 2 Chronicles 7:14)
Download Files Notes