Date: May 31, 2020
Bible Text: Ephesians 2:19-22 | Jason Smith
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. What is the most magnificent experience you have ever had? How did it make you feel?
Describe a magnificent experience from the BIBLE that Pastor Jason shared today.
2. What makes up our local church? Would it still be a church without a children’s building?
Why? Would it still be a church without a playground? Would it still be a church without
pews? Would it still be a church without God? Why?
3. What is far greater than the differences our world has? Why should we set aside our
differences to help our church shine?
1. What were some highpoints that you took away from Pastor Jason’s sermon?
2. What is the difference between the church building and the Church?
3. What does it look like for us to lay down our preferences for the good of the whole church?
4. How have you felt when you were not included in something? How can we be more
welcoming to everyone who comes to FBC?
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. Compare and contrast how believers met God in the temple versus how we meet God after
receiving the Holy Spirit.
a. Now that we are the temple of God, do we maintain the reverence and awe that was
shown when entering the physical temple? What should that look like for us today?
b. How have you seen FBC demonstrate that it is more than the walls of the
church? That is, how have the members of FBC impacted people’s lives during COVID
3. Read James 2:1-13. How does this passage relate to Pastor Jason’s sermon?
a. How is our church doing with tearing down the walls of race, ethnicity, age,
socioeconomic differences, etc.?
b. What are some things our church, your group, and you personally can do to help
reach out and include everyone in Boerne?
4. In what ways is Jesus Christ the chief cornerstone of the Church?
a. How does this foundation provide stability to the Church?
5. Spend a few minutes praying that our church would be united and that God would continue
to help us reach everyone in Boerne.
Download Files Notes