Date: May 3, 2020
Bible Text: 1 Timothy 1:7 | Jason Smith
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. Talk about a time when you were fearful of something and you quit. Why did you quit?
2. Talk about a time when you were fearful of something but you persevered and did not quit. Why did you keep going?
3. God has made each of us unique – what may be easy for one person to do may be difficult for another. What are you really good at? What is challenging for you? How can you use your strengths to share God’s love with others? How can you view challenges as a learning opportunity?
1. What changed in Peter’s life to take him from a fearful man to someone who could proclaim the Gospel of Jesus in just a matter of days?
2. Why do you think Nehemiah was able to accomplish the task God gave him when he was told people were after him?
3. Why is it hard for you to share the Gospel with people?
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. How do we define a Spirit of power in 2 Timothy 1:7? How is it different from the world’s definition of power?
a. How does knowing that God gave us a Spirit of power affect how we: 1) face trials, 2) share our faith, 3) disciple others, and 4) use our spiritual gifts?
3. Pastor Jason discussed Peter and Nehemiah. Compare and contrast how they responded to pressure filled situations.
a. Please share a time when fear caused you to doubt God’s plan. Or, share a time when you trusted God’s lead in a difficult time.
b. Read Joshua 1:1-9. What is God calling you to be strong and courageous toward? Where does God want to use our church, your group, and you?
c. How do you think meditating on God’s word day and night relates to being strong and courageous?
4. COVID-19 has changed our schedules and given us all time to reevaluate areas of our lives. What has God showed you that needs to change, needs to be a top priority from now on? How are you going to carve out time for what truly matters?
Download Files Notes