Date: April 19, 2020
Bible Text: Revelation 1 | Jason Smith
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. What do you think false gods are? What are some false gods that tempt you right now during the pandemic? In other words, what things do we sometimes think are more important than God? Are they?
2. How do you think we can hear the voice of God? Why is the BIBLE always the most important tool for us?
3. How big do you think our God is? Will God ever leave you alone? How much do you think God loves us?
1. What did Pastor Jason say that caught your attention?
2. What is one way you can grow in your faith during this time?
3. Develop some action steps to follow through with the previous question.
4. The history of Christianity is marked with persecution and trials. How does knowing Christians have always flourished in tough times encourage us in our faith today?
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. Pastor Jason mentioned a few of the benefits that come from God’s Word (e.g., wisdom & understanding when you are confused). Can you recall the other examples Pastor Jason gave, and can you think of others?
3. Do you truly believe that we will be blessed by reading the Bible and that God will meet us in His Word? a. What causes us to sometimes lose focus of that belief? b. Read Revelation 1:3. How can we encourage one another during this time (and beyond) to be reading, hearing, and keeping the Word?
4. Compare and contrast what it means to say “Jesus sustains me” in easy times versus difficult times.
5. What is Jesus teaching you, your family, our church, through this crisis?
Download Files Notes