Date: July 12, 2020
Bible Text: Ruth 2-3 | Jason Smith
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. Our parents have lots of different jobs. What job did Ruth have?
2. In the Bible, God tells us to be kind to everyone! How was Boaz kind to Ruth?
3. Even when it's hard, God wants us to show love. How can you show love to your family?
1. Pastor Jason encourages singles to get busy doing the Lord's work, and you will see who is walking next to you. In other words, what are some ways you can follow Christ to prepare you for your future husband or wife?
2. Boaz sought to protect and provide for Ruth. How are you trying to protect and provide for those around you now?
3. Young men, what things can you do now to prepare yourselves to be a forcefield for your future wife?
4. Young women, what Godly qualities are you looking for your future husband to have?
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. Name some of our Bible heroes who are flawed people.
a. How does knowing God used those heroes impact you?
3. What are some of the character qualities of Boaz we should be living out?
a. Read 1 Peter 3:7. What does it look like for you to apply Boaz’s qualities and this verse, specifically as a husband?
4. Read Colossians 4:5-6. Are your words full of grace and seasoned with salt?
a. Does our tone and comments change based on who we are talking to? Why do we have a tendency to wield our tongue more recklessly with family?
5. What does it look like to display the gospel in your marriage, in your parenting, in your friendships?
Download Files Notes