Date: May 24, 2020
Bible Text: Psalm 130 | Jason Smith
Growth Group Discussion Questions
1. When is a time you had to wait a long time for something? Why do you think people have a hard time waiting? How did you feel after the wait was over?
2. What is an example of a story in the BIBLE when someone had to wait? What were the benefits of waiting?
3. What is forgiveness? What is restoration? What can we do in between forgiveness and restoration?
1. What are you waiting for?
2. If you are honest, are you waiting for the Lord to do something for you, or are you waiting for the Lord (as the prize)?
3. How have you been active in your waiting?
4. Do you put your hope “in His Word”? If not, what is one practical way you can start?
5. How have you seen God’s Word shape you in the waiting?
1. What stood out to you from the sermon?
2. What are some reasons parents make their kids wait for something?
a. How can instant gratification be a hinderance to our Christian faith?
b. What are some of the reasons that God makes us wait?
c. Share a time where God has made you wait only to direct your path in a way you never expected.
3. What does active waiting look like?
a. How can you balance waiting on God while still being proactive?
4. Why is there a gap between forgiveness and restoration in the course of your life? How have you seen that gap help develop your character?
5. Read Galatians 5:22. Which fruit of the Spirit have you seen further developed in times of waiting?
a. When we are in times of waiting, how can we remember to view waiting as a time that God is shaping us?
Download Files Notes